Sweet Potato and Ground Pork Lettuce Cups
We collaborated with Ann Woo, founder of the food blog Wooed by the Food, to bring our readers a fresh and healthy recipe. Like Ann, use fresh produce from your own Tower to make this quick and delicious recipe.
This dish takes less than 30 minutes and is perfect for a quick and healthy lunch--not to mention a fantastic appetizer for a crowd! This dairy-free and gluten-free meal is the perfect summer-to-fall transition dish, with the addition of the crispy sweet potatoes. Feel free to swap ground pork with ground turkey or ground chicken. You’ll love this easy, Asian-style meal.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes
1 large sweet potato, diced
1 lb ground pork
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup bella mushrooms, diced
Butter lettuce (Tower Garden)
1 Tbsp Tower Garden green onions, chopped
1 tsp crushed ginger
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Sesame seeds, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Lay diced sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray. Drizzle avocado oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the potatoes and toss to evenly coat. Roast for 20 minutes in oven or until tender.
3. While sweet potatoes are roasting, heat large pan over medium to high heat with olive oil and add ground pork. Cook until brown (a few minutes).
4. Add ginger, diced yellow onions and diced mushrooms to same pan and stir together until onions are translucent.
5. In a separate sauce pan, add coconut aminos and sesame oil and let it simmer in low to medium heat.
6. Take sweet potatoes out of oven and transfer to large mixing bowl.
7. Add ground pork mixture to same mixing bowl as sweet potatoes then drizzle with sauce and mix together so sauce is nicely coated.
8. Top with green onions and sesame seeds then spoon onto butter lettuce. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.